
Again, we have been super busy....just watching this little angel grow....she officially started walking on January first, had her first "sent home" with a fever day from school, which became her first antibiotic, followed by her first sick day, then we had the big anniversary on Groundhog's Day! - it was 2 years ago that we started the adoption paperwork.
Then we had our first trip to the emergency room - she's fine, but scared us all the same....what a trooper. Had her first chest X-ray, etc. First Valentine's Day, first snow day (happened to be the same day)....and then her first Chinese New Year. We celebrated with our friends Becki and Bill and their daughter Faith (and son Adam, as well as Brandon and Eric) and another couple from our travel group Loreen and Dan (and their daughter Gwen). All three girls were from the same orphanage so it was kind of cool that they got to spend it together. They were very cute. My pic didn't turn our so great, but Becki got a good one.
I have to try to write more, but it is so hard. I know it is going so fast already and I will regret not havingit all down somewhere, but...I am so enjoying just living it. Some notes: her favorite songs are Row, Row Row, Your boat, she loves cheese curls and pretzels (butter braided), Monsters Inc., Books, Books, Books (The Little People On The Farm Book), animal sounds (and she can do cow, sheep, kitty, rooster, owl, snake, bumble bee, and faves are frog and Tiger)....she loves If you're Happy and you know it, and will blink at you, give hugs and kisses, loves splashingin the bath and looking at herself in the mirror....gig time into music and dancing and jumping on the bed. She listens very well (well enough for a 15 month old) and has 4 front top teeth, 4 bottom front teeth and 2 molars on top and bottom. She weighs around 24 pounds and is wearing some 18 month stuff.
So, that'll have to do for now. I can't believe how lucky I am to have such a daughter. Oh, Eric is doing well. He has her putting her arms out to the side and doing "I don't know"- the cutest thing I have ever seen. And, congrats to our friends Joe and Diane (and Kailee Jo) and their new baby Kyle.
No comments:
Post a Comment