I know I should have posted this sooner, but I am still basking in the glow of my first Mother's Day and Julia's First Memorial Day weekend....both spent at the beach.
Can you imagine how frightened I was that my dearest daughter might not like the beach???? Fear not my friends and family....she LOVED IT! Rolling her up the ramp to the Boardwalk for the first time was like bringing her to Mecca....she smiled and acted as if she belonged there. With all the lights and sounds and smells, she had no lack of stimulation.
We played the crane games and in exchange for having the perfect child, I appear to have sacrificed my mastery of the cranes. I could barely win anything! And, just when I wanted to show off for my little girl, too!
We ate Mack's pizza and my little pride and joy smiled with sauce all over her face - it was perfect. Then, we played, well, she played a video game...sort of. You know those dancing games...I put the money in so the music would come on and Julia stomped her feet around and was dancing to the music....it was soooo cute.
We also fed the ducks....those Wildwood Bay ducks have no fear! Julia let them take bread right from her hands....on Memorial Day, they must have realized that it was the "season" so they kept a bit more distance - smart ducks.
She was not especially fond of the Merry Go Round, so we didn't pursue more rides....maybe by the end of the summer.
Eric bought me a beautiful locket for my first mother's Day gift. It was so thoughtful and perfect! I am so proud to have such a wonderful husband and daughter. Both of my beach weekends were wonderful.
And, we stopped off on Memorial Weekend on our way home from Wildwood to visit with Grandma Nettie, Aunt Jane and Aunt Mickey in Sea Isle. We had fun there, too. Julia has just been such a joy - so happy, wakes up happy, takes her naps without a fight, and so on.....She does occasionally have a temper tantrum, but overall....still just perfect!
Thursday, May 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment