Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Coffee, Bon Jovi, and No school mommy....



I have never been prouder as a mother! Yesterday as Eric and I were getting around in the morning and drinking our coffee and Julia was eating her cereal, she decided she wanted coffee, too. And not in one of her little cups, but "big cup mommy." So we gave her some....okay, it was mostly sugar and milk, but she thought she was cool!




And, to top it off (here's where the pride REALLY comes in) it was in a Bon Jovi Have a Nice Day Tour mug.....and she KNEW what it was....she said Bon Jovi and then said I like Bon Jovi...oh my gosh - I think a little tear rolled from my eyes. I just love this little girl sooooo much!




Then this morning, she says "no school mommy." That was a first...she was still okay and went without a fight, but she is making up her mind now as to what she wants and likes.




This past weekend, we had the fantastic Easter Egg Hunt at the Powell's (another couple we went to China with and whose daughter was with Julia while in China.) Julia had a blast! The egg hunt was at a school gymnasium and was filled with eggs, treats, balloons, and balls. Julia most enjoyed running around the gym back and forth without a care in the world and like she owned the place. She would occasionally look around for us, but for the most part, felt comfortable on her own. (Of course, mommy kept an eye on her all the time.) Some of the pictures we took didn't turn out but I'm posting one or two. One of the pictures that is hard to see, she is petting a bunny - she just loved doing that - she would have sat there all day....and she was very gentle.




We'll be back soon.




No comments: