Monday, September 29, 2008

2 Incredible Years and just sooo busy

So I missed posting in August and I missed posting on the anniversary of our VERY special day! We did get to spend it with our good friends and fellow China travelers Gretchen, Bob and Maggie and then later over last weekend with Becki, Bill and Faith and Theresa, Mark, Ava, Evan, Jean and Nancy. We missed the picnic in August with the other families and hope to see them again soon.

Needless to say - I've been so busy. I am just loving my new job, it's very busy and rewarding. My students are so nice and so is the other faculty and administrative staff. I have a nice combination of teaching and doing administrative work - which is great cause I love knowing what's going on in many aspects so I cna contribute as much as possible.

My class has 16 students about 5 come from Mexico and 1 from China and the rest from America. They are 6th graders and I'll tell you what - I forgot what it was like to be 11, 12. They are just adorable though and I must say I have a soft spot for a few of them. Now that I think of it, I hav a soft spot for most of them: Jo, Mariana, Olivia, Nelly, Neno, Jiru (Victoria), Natalie, Madaline, Reba, Marines, Maricarmen, Emily, Corry, Paola Ba., Paola Br. They are all great!

Well, that's it for now. I know I need to post some pictures, but I'm not kidding you - I have very little time. My house is a mess, the laundry needs to be done, homework to be graded and I'm dying for some pamper time. I need a facial and a haircut badly.

It's been a great summer and I can't believe how much joy Julia has brought us. She gave us a hard time for the past 2 months but she sems to be improving now. She is all but completely potty trained. She is doing so great. She is so smart and still sings and dances and is just very warm and relatively outgoing. She is possessive and certainly has shown her stubborn side and telling us no - which is hard not to laugh at (she crosses her arms and everything - very serious). There just are not enough words. 2 years ago today - we arrived home in America with our precious daughter - can't believe it!

Love to you all.

No comments: