Now seriously, this is just too funny! You know how we're finally getting there with this adoption stuff, right? I mean we're finally figuring we're bound to be next! The last cutoff was June 28th...sure they could cut it off and miss us...(they could be insane and do 1 DAY per month thus taking 8 MORE months.) But no, they're too clever for that. Instead...the move that the CCAA has been planning and warning of since March/April in NOW going to happen. Before you ask, the rumor is that this will DELAY things....ha, ha, ha, ha, ha no kidding, the Umberhockers were ABOUT to be next. I've actually finally learned how to cry myself into hysteria and it comes out as LAUGHTER!!!!!!! It's a great trick I'm sure will come in handy as a parent-whenever that day may be.
I'm giving serious thought to removing ourselves from the program so that all the other poor families who are suffering because of us will finally get to move forward. And then again, maybe one of those people are the one's who are jinxed and are holding US up. Just don't let me find out who it is or else I'll have to torture them!!!!
Bottom line....who the heck knows! At least the rumor is that the referrals should cut off some time after the 10th, which would mean we are in the next group. The question remains, "when will they come out?" The craziest part of this is that we are in a delicate time frame now. If we do not get our referral in the next 2 weeks (maybe 3), we are looking at a fine line for tavelling so as not to be affected by the lunar holiday (which closes most of China the 1st 2 weeks of October). If not, we wait again a bit LONGER until after the holiday....which we hope to make or else we will have to re-do a BIG immigration form that costs $$ and who knows how long it will take to get here (nothing seems to happen on time!).....not one step of this has been easy. Actually, I should take that back...the part they said was the most diificult was the paperwork (that took us NO time at all)...we knew waiting would be tough, but extending the wait has proved even more excrutiating.....
My (our) other site at www.youbelong.net shows a picture of a roller coaster.....you know it's been up and down and twisting and turning....I used to think I'd hate to go through labor....then I realized that I have been in labor for 18 MONTHS.....and the roller coaster has twisted and turned and jerked me and been upside down and backwards and now I'm just naseous....I would take 24 hours of the WORST labor pains right now for Julia to finally just arrive. Hell, I'll take 1 week of that kind of pain. Right now the roller coaster has chugged it's way to the top....I can just about see the bottom, and it's stuck...the darn thing is just sitting there. It has become beyond surreal to me now-it seems so impossible that this torture will ever end. But it will.....one way or another....and yes, SOON (ha, ha, don't laugh-I mean it!!!!)
Sunday, July 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Jen, god is not punishing you and Eric, he is just getting you ready for when Julia turns 21 and says "Come on mom and dad lets go get drunk"! Or maybe when she poops her pants and everything runs up her back you guys won't throw up!! hehehe
Post a Comment