"The CCAA has finished the placement of children for the families whose adoption application documents were registered with our office before July 13, 2005."
We got the call yesterday around noon from our Lancaster office that we are IN FACT getting our referral today! Then we got a call from the Philly office (hmmmm) saying that Julia "Feng Yu Hua" (meaning Phoenix/rain, happy, jade, honor/flower) Umberhocker was born/found in Jiangxi province in China with a predicted birthdate of November 19, 2005.
TODAY we will see her picture. I thought waiting 546 days would be hard, try waiting 3-4 hours more!!!! Eric and I are both going crazy. We're still trying to get moved into the new house...trying to stay busy so we don't go insane, but just don't know what to do with ourselves. I fell asleep last night around 8pm and for the first time in months, actually slept. I actually slept. Okay, I woke up off and on praying for it to be time, but still, I slept pretty good in between.
Now, we can't leave the house-who knows what time the Fed Ex truck will arrive and we will NOT be missing it! So, we loaded up the cars (to move stuff) and we're back to waiting!
It is POSSIBLE that we will get to travel in late September/early October (keep your fingers crossed)...but we have to be careful since the trade show is in China at the end of October, so if we miss this window, we won't go until November-I WILL NOT MISS HER FIRST BIRTHDAY!!!!
We will let you all know when that picture finally comes....okay, once we wipe the tears of joy out of our eyes! I just can't BELIEVE IT!!!!!!! I feel like I'm walking around in a dream.
Wednesday, August 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
HOORAY!!! The squeaky wheel gets the absolutely beautiful baby girl! We're so happy for you, and we'll continue to pray for you as you wait for the truck and set up your new house... and we'll continue to pray for an early "go get 'em" day.
Love,
Paul & Tom
Jen & Eric, Now you know she is not going to be in China for Christmas and I personally want to say, "She will not be there on her first birhtday" Quit thinking like that you worry wort!!
Post a Comment