Tuesday, March 31, 2009

It's been too long...The Year of Changes

So, I do have new pictures - of course I do....I just don't have any handy. What's new. It has been a very busy year and Miss Julia is into everything. She loves getting on the computer and she loves looking at pictures, so whenever I open the computer and pictures, I have a little shadow looking over my shoulder making it very difficult to do anything.

The year of changes....well, as you know I switched jobs in July/August last year - and I just LOVE my new job. I have a group of girls from Mexico that will not be returning next year since the girls from Mexico only come to the school for 1 year....and I will miss them terribly. The are a handful but full of such life and energy. I admire their ability to speak our language so well and to be so young and so far from home. The rest of the changes - I bought a new car around Valentine's Day - a KIA...yes, I finally abandoned Saturn and was heartbroken to have to do it. They just let me down and lost their sense of customer service that I had come to expect (and we all deserve). So far the Kia is great and the company had been pretty good too.

And, the last big change is that Julia switched schools - just this Monday. She is doing fantastic-I am a nervous wreck. I know that kids are resilient but Julia is very adverse to change - especially when people are involved. But she is such a champ. I am so proud of her. And, her daddy has been handling her for the morning drop offs and he has been handling her great, too!

As always, Julia is just a fantastic joy and unbelieveable kid! She is so smart. She does "homework" at night - some pre-K and Kindergarten workbooks that have little exercises in them. She is so smart - she knows so much. And, she's doing great in gymnastics - though she still has difficulty paying attention and listening. She is so full of energy that she is exhausting! I am so thrilled with her and proud of her. She is also working on no "pull-ups" at night. We have more dry nights than accidents....maybe 2 out of the last 9 or nights.

Lastly - we just got back from a long weekend in North Carolina visiting my brother and family. Julis did great with her cousins, had no issues on the long drive down (in fact, she loves staying at hotels) and had no reservations about sleeping in a strange house without me there constantly. She especially enjoyed jumping on the trampoline and playing on the swings in their yard AND riding on the ATV with Unlce Joe - she just giggled and had the wind in her hair. I could cry justthinking about the wonderful memories we made and can't thank my brother and his family for a great time.

Oh - I almost forgot I also discovered Facebook last month - what an addiction. I have found many old friends that I had in grade school in Jersey and some from High School in Philly. It's so cool.

Okay - that's it. Pictures to come soon - I promise. Julia is just too gorgeous not to see for yourself.

No comments: