
Don't ask why I haven't posted. Mostly it's because I found facebook and have been posting some there...actually not really posting as much as reading. But, it made me think that I was posting and doing something like a blog and so I have been distracted. Isn't it interesting to go back and see that all that time we were waiting for Julia, we were posting lots. And then we brought her home we were posting regularly. And last year, I pretty much was able to post (and tried hard to) at least once a month....and now...I can barely get to it.
Julia has grown so much. Sh eis so funny. Her manners are excellent. She tells knock knock jokes like, Know knock, who's there, boo, boo hoo, don't cry baby it's just a joke....but then she changes the words and THINKS she telling a joke and will command us to laugh - which we do anyway...
She is doing great at her new school - what a difference - night and day...no more crying and making me stay....I think that daddy taking her in during the "school" year was helpful...and now that the school I work at is off for the summer and I have summer hours, I have been taking her in and she's been great. She loves to watch Spongebob, read books, play Barbies, play in her sandbox and bake. She is taking swimming lessons - doesn't like dunking her face in the water, but will do it. She had computers during the school year about once a month and she came home and told me that a CD is software and a mouse is hardware - isn't that great! She continued with gymnastics and her friend Ava also joined (Ava was in our group from China). They had a blast - we often even went out (the 2 families) for dinner afterwards and the girls were a trip together...Julia is still hooked on the cranes - I think she's getting pretty good at them too.
This past weekend we went to Kings Dominion with my brother and his family. Julia LOVES being with lots of family. She did so well....she's also great in the car! She adores her cousin Nicole, who can't stop hugging her and touching her and is good with Joey, even though she doesn't follow him around like he would like. I'm posting som pictures of that trip. (Julia also adores her uncle Joe). She rode the merry-go-round like a bazillion times (of course, I was on with her). At first she didn't want to go on, but then she did on a horse that was a "statue" horse - that's what she called it. After one round of that, she went on an up and down horse and after that, we just kept switching horses. She also named them, one was princess, one was perch princess, one was rainbow, etc. I could go on and on, which may be another reason I have stopped posting so much...we're so busy doing all these great new things and Julia just changes and grows in leaps and bounds...every day I am awed by her beauty and intelligence and she makes us laugh constantly...it's so hard to keep up. We're going to the beach this weekend - she loves the beach, which I love! I do still think of her birth parents and even though I know they don't know what a magnificent child she is, I am sad that they had to miss knowing her and forever grateful for the sacrifice they made that has just completed my life.

Oh yeah, Eric is ecstatic that the Pengiuns won! Two of his teams in one year - yippee!!
No comments:
Post a Comment