Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Is it good? Is it bad? An Update.....

Day 475!!!! Hard to believe-every day when we put the dollar into Julia's bank I shake my head when I notice the day we are up to. 365 seemed impossible to us-now look at it!

The CCAA updated their website today-referrals up to June 15th....we were hoping they would get through the 20th...it would have made June a possibility for us. Now we are biting our nails and HOPING that we get our referral in July. Which is what we have been prepared for, but I've got to be honest-I was starting to get hopeful that it would come in June. I am going to be on the edge of a breakdown if we have to wait until August....you'd think it wouldn't matter to be so close and know that you will be next, but I'm not kidding-there is a breaking point (which I passed months ago) and then there's a "You've got to be Kidding me!!" point-that would be August!

Our friends Bridgett and Bruce should be getting their referral any day now-they are very excited and we're excited for them. We'll be living vicariously through them over the next couple of months. They missed the cut off by a day last month so it is so nice for them to have some relief....

Other than that, nothing new going on. We'll hopefully find out more about a settlement date for our new house next week. This weekend we'll be heading to Wildwood for what seems to be the last traditional Memorial weekend we'll have there. I remember thinking we would have Julia there this year and I am kind of sad that she won't be. Unfortunately, she will never get to spend even one traditional Wildwood Memorial Weekend at the shore. It was always a great tradition for me and I will miss it dearly. Oh well, new traditions and all that.

Hope you are all doing well and continue to send wishes to the heavens or wherever you send wishes that our Julia is safe and healthy and will be coming home sooner than later!

Let's hope the CCAA gets the rest of June done next time!

No comments: