I think it'll be easier to just keep track of my emtional status this way...my subtle way of saying - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
You won't believe this, but I fell asleep last night. And, I only woke up once. Eric is still asleep at the moment. I'm still shocked that we were able to close our eyes. I think we should add Sheer Exhaustion 1 : Jen & Eric 0.
Needless to say we packed and double checked everything again last night. Photocopied every piece of paper we ever got for this adoption. Made lists of phone numbers to give to our families to keep track of us. Said our last tearful, "Oh my gods" to family and friends. Stared at Julia's picture, checked every bar on her crib, smoothed every wrinkle on her sheets, checked every safety lock installed, and thought, she needs one more toy, but realized the stores were closed.
We filled up the cat's water bowls and food bowls and made sure they have their favorite blankets and sleeping spots available. Boy-I am really going to miss them.
I can't think straight, my stomach is in knots and my head is spinning. In a few hours, it will ALL be beyond my control. If I don't have it with me, I won't have it. If it hasn't been done yet, it won't get done. And, the sad part is - I will never have control over my life again. In a few days, I will relinquish all control to Julia. She has ruled my heart for 589 days and in just 2 weeks, she will be ruling our home!!!
Normally I am excited to be travelling and visting a new place. This trip is a huge adventure. Not only a new country, a new continent. But the purpose of this trip isn't sightseeing. As a matter of fact I don't think we'll even see the Great Wall of China or Tianamen Square! But who cares. What I find interesting is that I have never thought of being home before I've even gotten there and all I can think of right now is, "I CAN'T WAIT TO COME HOME!"
I guess this will be that last post that makes any sort of sense. If it even does. Please keep us in your thoughts as you will definitely all be in ours.
By this time tomorrow, we will be nearly landing in Hong Kong. Can you stand it?!
Talk to you soon.
Friday, September 15, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment