Tuesday, September 12, 2006

What day is it anyway????

I still feel like I'm walking around in a dream. I know that it is Tuesday but it feels like it should be Wednesday....and tomorrow will be okay, but Thursday will be impossible to get through.

We've accomplished lots of last minute things. Hard to believe I'm still throwing things into a suitcase! Actually it's mostly little things like snacks and last minute bathroom items. I did fnd out that we are in fact allowed to bring small amounts of liquid such as saline/eye drops so that is quite a relief. I just hate wearing my glasses for long periods and 16 hours is kind of a long period.

Still waiting for my mom to get home from Bermuda (she was stuck in the hurricane-but what a place to get stuck-BERMUDA). Dad is ready to take us to the airport (thanks dad) and my brother and his wife are getting excited for us. I talked to my niece tonight and she said I was going to get her baby. Her baby Julia. Isn't that too cute?!

I will say that I am still so dumfounded at how much love surrounds this child already. We are so grateful and just touched by everyone's love and support. We can't wait to get to China but even more so, we can't wait to get home!!!!

I don't even think I can continue a countdown because every time I think about it I get nauseous with excitement and anticipation. I must admit, I've been thinking about what it would be like to be pregnant and be counting down those last few days/hours until delivery and it has to suck knowing that you still have to go through labor. I mean a 16 hour trip is inconvenient at best, but it's hardly labor! So, you have my sympathy. But in my defense-try being "pregnant" for 587 days? Hmmm.....

So VERY, VERY, VERY CLOSE!!!!

No comments: