I guess it's evident by the fact that I haven't been posting that we have been very busy. Not just busy, but in shock kind of busy. The house is pretty well together and all that, but it seems that we have had so much to do with everything else. Eric's mom came to visit over Labor Day weekend and that was very cool to have her before we bring Julia home. My mom is in Bermuda (poor kid always gets the hurricane weather!!) My nephew started kindergarten - he's getting so grown up. And let's see, what have we been up to????
We have packed and prepared as much as humanly possible for this trip. The house is mostly baby proofed. Foods, diapers, wipes, medicines, you name it - we have it! Then we have the suitcases-pretty well ready to go. We found out on Wednesday night that we will be leaving for China on Friday, September 15. Two days after Eric's birthday and the actual birthday of my friend Christina (love ya, Kristy!) I was waiting until today to post so we can say that we are now counting the wait in DAYS!!!!!! 168 HOURS!!!!! - (technically 170)
Julia will have approximately $590 in her "waiting" bank. We'll be borrowing from her before long.
So, we leave on Friday and we arrive in Hong Kong on Saturday. The flight is approximately 16 hours and we have a 12 hour time difference (meaning it's 12 hours later in China than it is here in PA). It's very funny that when we return from China, we leave on Friday (the 29th) around 11 am and we arrive in the US at around 3 pm also on FRIDAY!!! So it's like a 4 hour flight - only it's 15 hours!!!!! It will probably be the longest part of this trip. We haven't even left yet and I'm ready to bring her home!
So, I don't know what else to say....my head is spinning and I'm still in shock. I just can't believe we're sooooo close now!
Friday, September 08, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment