Okay, my head is still swimming. We are in HONG KONG! First, I want to thank my father for the safe passage to the airport this morning (Or Friday-uh, what day is it?) It was quite scary, but we made it in plenty of time-thanks dad!
Also, thanks to Mom and Brenda for taking care of the kids-we miss them already!!!!
And last - AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
I can't think of another word to describe it. It just doesn't feel real. We're sitting and writing briefly. Tomorrow early we take a bus to Guangzhou and then fly to Nanchang in Jiangxi. We are told WE WILL PICK UP JULIA TOMORROW. So, less than 24 hours Chinese time and, (Pause for long sobbing blubber).....she will be in our arms. It is so unique the instant bond that we feel with the other families on this trip. It is truly the most indescribable experience.
P.S. Connie-I am sorry I didn't call...I turned the cell phone off too soon and I did not get to make the last minute calls I'd hoped. To YOU and MY BROTHER - I apologize you were 2 of the people I wish I had been able to say one last goodbye to. Amanda-I said goodbye to you so quit crying (ha, ha!) But, thanks to Caroline for calling just before we left-you are literally the last person in the family (other than my dad) that we spoke to before leaving. Mom-I tried to page you and was so disappointed not be able to say goodbye to you. I am just beyond words excited to make you a grandmother. I feel so completely lucky and blessed right now. Eric is wonderful and though we are both exhausted.....this is just unreal.
Hello to everyone, friends and family, Aunt Barbara & Uncle Jack, Aunt Jane, Aunt Mickey, Aunt Chris & Uncle Bill (and the kids), Aunt Joan, Jeanne & Brett (&Brett and Tommy), Colleen & Tim (& Sarah), Tommy, Tom & Paul, RoseAnn and Truman, Sondra and Tomas, Jerry & Karen (& Marguerite and Katherine-also special thanks to you guys), John, Joe and Carrie (& Ryan, Joey & Nicole), Connie, Christina, Amanda (& Aaron), Sandy, Rebecca (&Brian, Damian, and Desi), Dorthe, Joan, Mom U and Aunt Bernice, Uncle Tim & Aunt Peg, Uncle John and Aunt Nancy, Uncle Jack and Aunt Joyce, Rich & Ann and Kaylee and Ashlyn, Neil and Johnnie, Dave, Ike & Shane (& Olivia & Luke) , Joe & Diane (& Kailee), and everyone else. I am so sory if I didn't write you by name-I am very tired. (But, I thought it would be cool to know that someone in China was typing your name)
We will try to post tomorrow-though it may be a crazy day. I just don't KNOW WHAT TO SAY!!!!! Eric says hi.
I love you all......TOMORROWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Saturday, September 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment